Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Helen's Seed Story

interviewed by Ryan Keeney

Q: What have you learned?

A: I learned about the biotic and abiotic factors that can affect the plant's growth. I found out small things like soil can make an impact on the plant's health.

Q: What surprised or amazed you?

A: I was surprised by the plants' determination to live, despite our harsh experiment and the competition in the garden. Our experiment for pH killed many of the plants yet some of hem managed to continue on. This was very surprising to me.

Q: What made you laugh?

A: The fact that we did not know the correct amount to water our plants with made me laugh. ?I find it funny that a group of student in Honors Biology can do the work we are given and understand things like the biogeochemical cycles and the DNA replication process, but apparently have no clue how much to water a simple plant.

Q: What made you pause and think a little deeper?

A: The blog post where we considered the genetics of our plant made me think a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment