Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Who Wants to Live a Million Years: Analysis of Natural Selection Simulation


    1. It took me 7 generations  to finally survive a million years. It took me this long because I had to start off by choosing a variety of birds, While going along I had to make the strategic choice and mutate my original species. For Earths species I believe it will take a long period of time for a certain species to adapt to a new environment. They may not automatically survive at first but through the years they will adapt to the right conditions.
    2. My initial phenotypes combinations where tall, short and hairy, and short with stripes. The short with stripes seemed to survive the longest. I think this happened because when their smallness helped them hide in smaller areas, as well as move faster along the ground.
    3. Yes I do believe genetic drift can affectedly change a species population, because generally there is a specific phenotype that can survive in the environment.
    4. Furry stripped ones mostly survived whereas the tall naked ones were rarely seen.
    5. A.short,furry,fat and stripped B.Tall, Long necks and legs, no hair C.Stripped long legged ones D.Long leg and necks
    6. I think have a more vast of variety. Being able to chose from more mutations. Including colors,lengths and deficiencies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment